A Few Good Reasons To Use Hydronic Heating Systems
in Hydronic Heating by Michael Eagleton
Choosing the right heating system for your home can feel like a daunting task, particularly as there are simply so many options available. One such option that is quickly growing in popularity here in Australia are hydronic heating systems, which involve hot water being passed through pipes embedded in the slab of your home in order to gently heat the rooms above.
There are a number of reasons why you should consider hydronic heating systems if you are building or renovating your dream home. We have outlined just some of these in the list below:
- Allergen Resistant – One of the best things about this method of heating is that it provides relief for the asthma and allergy sufferers in your home, as there is no air movement. This ensures that dust and other allergens are not spread around the home, allowing everyone to breathe easier.
- Balanced Humidity – These systems make it far easier to maintain balanced humidity levels in the home, as they don’t dry it out. Cold winter days already dry our skin out enough without coming home to forced fan heating, which sucks additional moisture out of the air.
- Energy Efficient – Hydronics actually proves to be energy efficient in a number of ways. Firstly, it can be powered via green sources (such as solar power and even electricity). Secondly, it can be set to a lower temperature, which means that less energy is used to run the system.
- Exceptionally Quiet – Another of the great things about hydronic systems is that they are incredibly quiet. You won’t be disturbed by air rushing through the vents, as you are with central systems. In fact, you won’t even realise it’s turned on unless you check the thermostat.
- Maximises Space – Hydronic systems take up very little room, unlike many of the other systems on the market. You don’t need an entire room to house the components. There also aren’t any vents to work around, meaning that you can place furniture wherever you like in the room.
- Warm Floors – There is nothing worse then getting out of bed on a winter morning and having to walk across freezing cold tile or floor boards. Hydronic heating solves this problem by infusing the floors with heat – you’ll even be able to walk around barefoot without a care!
- Zoning Capabilities – It is possible for this type of heating to be installed in various zones (such as the bedrooms or the living areas), allowing you to heat only those rooms that you need to. This will further work to reduce your bills and will ensure your family’s comfort at all times.
We hope that you now have a better understanding of what hydronic heating systems actually are and why they could be just the solution you have been looking for to keep your home warm during the winter. If you have any questions about these systems or their components, do not hesitate to speak with a member of our expert team – they are always more than happy to help.